Written by Sarah J Buckley, family physician/GP and mother of four, “Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering”, this book is all about the wisdom and science of gentle choices in pregnancy, birth, and parenting. Sarah gives you the WHOLE story to help you with your most important decisions, including:
- How can I increase my chances of a natural birth?
- Should I accept prenatal tests?
- Is ultrasound safe for my baby?
- Are there risks involved with induction?
- What about pain relief in labour?
- Are epidurals safe for my baby?
- What are the risks and benefits of choosing a cesarean?
- What other birth choices will give me and my baby a safe and easy start?
- Is cord blood banking a good idea?
- Could I safely have my baby at home?
- What are the benefits of a natural birth?
Sarah also generously shares some of her own experiences in birth and mothering, including:
- Water birth
- Breech birth
- Lotus Birth
- Breastfeeding and extended breastfeeding
- Raising babies without nappies/diapers
You will learn the secrets of gentle discipline, raising children to be responsible, loving, and co-operative while preserving your sanity! You can also read about using yoga to support you, as a gentle mama, and how mothering can help you on your spiritual journey.